School Conduct & Regulations
The College recognises the individual needs, rights and safety of every child.
By the same token, students and their families are expected to adhere to the rules and regulations that follow, in order to ensure the effective operation of the College, the safety of the students and the pro¬vision of a quality educational environment for all.
Students have the right to:
- Be respected as individuals.
- Have their personal property respected.
- Learn in a safe and enjoyable environment.
- Be given the opportunity to learn to the best of their ability.
- Appeal a decision made by the school.
Students have the responsibility to:
- Abide by all school rules.
- Respect other people.
- Respect other people’s property. If property damage occurs then students responsible for damage are expected to make good the loss.
- Complete all work requirements on time and to the best of their ability.
- Give others the opportunity to learn to the best of their ability.
- Attend extra-curriculum activities organised by the school.
- Refrain from chewing gum at school.
- Stay within school premises at all times during the school hours.
- Refrain from unacceptable behaviour which:(a) is dangerous to the student, other students and staff,(b) is offensive or inconsiderate,(c) interferes with the right of teachers to teach and students to learn.
Where a serious problem arises, this is referred to the College Principal, who then discusses the matter with the student concerned, parents and/or teacher, in an effort to reach a just and impartial resolution.
The College is committed to child safety. It has in place a number of policies and procedures to ensure same. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Sun safe policy;
- Nut free policy;
- Logistical policies for certain campuses to maintain safest standards;
- Suspected/alleged abuse reporting policy.
The College is compliant with the safety standards required by Community Languages Australia and provides ongoing training for Staff on all matters of safety adhering to the high levels required by, amongst others, the Department of Human Services.
Copies of such policies can be made available upon request.
Note: The College reserves the right to amend the regulations from time to time. Where appropriate, parents and students will be notified.